Paint By Numbers is an enjoyable pastime. Sometimes, however, all the tiny spaces with even tinier numbers can be a bit daunting and confusing. With practice, you can create beautiful art. Here are some pointers to assist with a much improved end result.
1. Purchase a Paint By Numbers kit. Pick one that you really like to increase the chances that you'll finish it. Sets come in many different varieties of subject matter: birds, flowers, seaside scenes, woodland scenes, cartoon characters, automotive themes. See our complete collection HERE.
2. Clear an area to work in. Cover the area with old newspapers or newsprint to keep it clean. If you can station this area in a room with a washable floor, that would be most beneficial.
3. Get a cup of water with which to clean your brush. Use a cup you don't usually drink from or one that can be washed thoroughly. A paper cup is fine. Disposable food containers also work well, for example, a used yogurt container. Also, stock the area with some rags.
4. Check to see which colors correspond to which numbers. This should be clearly marked on the paint containers.
5. Open the first paint container and paint every area marked with that number.
6. Wash your brush off when you finish to avoid accidentally mixing colors. The rag will come in handy as you will need to remove some of the water from the brush after washing.
7. Let the areas you have painted dry. Repeat with a new color until you have painted every area and the painting is totally dry.
8. Display your end masterpiece. If you like how your painting turned out, frame your creation or mat it, and hang it on your wall.
Article was reposted from WikiHow